Register for Classes
Lessons are offered in Hawaiian, Tahitian, Maori, and other Polynesian island dance, with the main focus of teaching in Hawaiian. Both kahiko (ancient) and 'auana (modern) styles of dance are taught. Students learn language, culture, and history as an integral part of their dance lessons.
"I believe that you cannot present the dance respectfully if you don't understand what it is that you dance. My students also learn crafts such as lei making, which is in keeping with Polynesian traditions. Polynesian dance is steeped in humility and we always learn to give respect and acknowledgement to our teachers before us. I will always reference the kumu (teacher) who influenced or taught a certain dance that I share with my students."
Please open and print the registration form:
REGISTRATION FORM for regular classes (PDF)
*Adobe Reader required - click here to for a free download
New students will be accepted for the 2016-2017 season. Please email for information.
Click Here for Workshops & Specialty Class information and registration
- Open registration by email, or mail:
Please download registration form, complete it, and mail or email to hold your spot.
$22.05 non-refundable registration fee is due on registration and must be mailed in to confirm the spot.
- Please see fee schedule for more information on our fee structure and refund policies.
- Class sizes are limited and space is available on a first come, first serve basis. Please email , if you have difficulty downloading the registration form or require further information.
- Regular lessons are progressive and the season begins in September and ends in June.
- 1 day Workshops and 5-11 week Specialty Classes run sporadically during the season.
Please see the Workshop / Specialty Classes page for more information.
Kumu Paddy Kauhane
Halau Hula Ka’Uhane O Ka Pakipika
The Spirit of the Pacific Cultural Society
Polynesian Dance School and Performance Group
Mailing address: 21973 Cliff Avenue, Maple Ridge, BC V2X 2L3